1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)?
Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
--All the same to me -- I jokingly refer to myself as the "Knitting Hoi Ploi"
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
--Yes, and yes. I do both!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
--I have no allergies that I'm aware of, but my elder son is allergic to Tide detergent.
4. How long have you been knitting?
--Decades! Since I was 9, and that was, err, decades ago (more than 3!)
5. Do you have an Amazon, Knitpicks or other online wish list?
--Am I registered? No.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
--Clean scents, Linen or Cotton.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
--You bet! Cakes are a particular weakness.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
--Nothing anymore. Just the fiber pursuits.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
--Jazz. I'm also a big collector of Christmas music. No MP3s, tho.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
--White is my favorite color, but I wear mostly black and grey. No colors I really hate (everything goes with black, right?)
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
-- I'm currently married, but my husband is on a long term assignment in China for work. I have two sons. No pets.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
--My life dream is to have my own yarn/fiber shop. It's what I plan to do for my retirement, I'll start saving as soon as I get my kids through college.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
-- I don't really have a favorite. Hmmm. I like the self-patterning sock yarns alot.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
--No really strong dislikes. I'll knit with anything!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
--Currently it's socks.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
--Socks and baby/childrens items.
17. What are you knitting right now?
--Socks and a baby sweater.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
--Great, I'm glad they finally came back in fashion!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
--Circs. I knit on the bus alot, and don't want to put anyone's eye out.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
--My sister taught me the basics when I was 9, I learned the rest from books/magazines. (Incidentally, my sister forgot how to knit).
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
--10 + years.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
--I can't think of anything, so I must not have one (how much of a favorite can it be if I can't think of it?)
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
--Vintage knitting magazines and Christmas cds.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
--Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Spin-Off
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
--The Opinionated Knitter, by EZ.
7 years ago