Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Survived

Open House. What a night! I got there at 6:20 -- Open house started at 7:00, but we were allowed to sign up for Parent/Teacher conferences starting at 6:30. I was not the first parent there, but I did get all the prime conference times (I'm booked from 4:20 PM to 6:00 PM). I'm happy to report that I did not have to resort to physical violence at any time. Nor did Older Son have to fake a seizure to distract everyone so I could rush in and sign up (that was plan B). And what a workout! We figured that we went up (and then back down) at least 9 flights of stairs. It was up three flights to this class, back down 3 flights, down a hallway then back up 3 flights.

I Got Mail!
From my Pgh Secret Pal! When I sorted my mail today I found an envelope addressed to me and opened it up to find this:


It's the One Skein Wonder pattern from Glampyre. I'm sooo excited about it, I can't wait to start it! I've wanted the pattern for awhile now! Thank you so much Secret Pal! You made my week! Truly!

Here's the story about this pattern -- I've wanted to make something for my Evil Twin for awhile now, and hadn't found anything. ET works at a bank, and they have a very strict dress code, part of which is that she can't wear anything sleeveless. This is in South Florida. Sleeveless is the norm, and ET isn't a cover-up kinda gal, if you know what I mean. So I've been looking for a mini cardi, nothing fancy, and just enough to make her "legal". I was going to design one, but then saw the One Skein Wonder and it was perfect! Don't you just love it when you find the "perfect" pattern? And I love the idea of supporting a small designer. But it was a PayPal thing to buy it and I don't do PayPal, and it seemed like a royal pain to sign up for just this one purchase....Enter Secret Pal to the rescue! So, ET is getting three for Christmas -- Black, white, and camel. I'll do others for her on request.

And in Knitting News, I did some more on the first Sports Team Sweater.

That's the second sleeve. It's a bit curled up. And, at Open House tonight I saw Kelly from my Knitting Group, the bearer of the recipient of this very sweater! Turns out her step-daughter and Younger Son go to school together, and even know each other. How cool is that?

Update

On the stinky smell. I carried the garbage from the back porch out to the garage, and next day the smell was gone. So it either was the garbage (which is kinda wierd, because standing right next to the bag and even holding it at arm's length while carrying it out to the garage I couldn't smell anything) or the neighbors upwind had a really serious case of flatulence.

1 comment:

natasha said...

my neighbors ARE farts. and they have small children so their house smells like pee. so maybe that was your problem. kid pee.

thanks for stopping by my blog...you just may win something! check back!