Saturday, September 10, 2005

Marx Got It Wrong

I'm blogging to you from my remote back-up blog station (Sara's kitchen). BOTH of my computers at home are now dead. I have hope for the desktop, I just have to find the time to get someone to look at it.

Knitting News

Knitting group was last night! Not as many people as last time, but still a good sized group! And fun was had by all. I forgot my camera, so no pics.

I'm knitting cotton socks for Sara's eldest. They're pretty wild, in red, white, and blues. Stripes and patterns. Will put up pics sometime when I have a camera and a connection.

Got a shipment of yarn and some books from KnitPicks. WOW! I took pics of the yarn, but forgot to bring my camera to my Remote Back-Up Blog Station (I wasn't thinking that far ahead) so can't show you now. I got the sampler box of their color wheel yarn (can't remember the name of the yarn, but you'll find it in their catalog) 3 intensities of each color + neutrals. I also got Sheila McGregor's Fairisle book, Latvian Mittens by Lisbeth Upitis, and Fairisle Mittens and Gloves. (I see some Fairisle work in my future). Pics sometime of all.

Miscellany

Dave's pay is still not sorted out. I sent him an email and asked him to look into it. Hopefully he will very soon. I realize how busy he is working 6 days a week, going home and making dinner, supervising the kids, doing laundry, mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, and taking care of his dad.....OH WAIT, that's ME. But really, Dave is working 6 days a week...

Been listening to some Simon & Garfunkel. Trying to figure out Sounds of Silence.
People talking without listening
And
The words of the Prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls.
It seemed that the song was saying something about popular culture.....suddenly it came to me. The Apprentice. Survivor. The Bachelor. Marx got it wrong. Inanity is the opiate of the masses.

No comments: