Thursday, September 15, 2005

I Have a Bad Feeling About This....

I've been having a Bad Run of Luck lately. (I'm calling it Luck, because I don't really want to contemplate that maybe it's really Poor Judgement, or Lack of Good Sense, or just plain old Stupidity.) Ahem. It seems as though for the past several months everything I turn my hand to ends poorly. I've even started having dreams which consist solely of me dropping, smashing or in some other way inadvertently breaking things. It seems that whatever decision I make in whatever circumstance is The Wrong One. I've tried to rationalize and sort down to the bottom of it but I can't. So I've come to the conclusion that I'll just have to ride this wave of Bad Karma wherever it takes me, so there it is. But, life goes on, and I had to make a moderately Big Decision today (not huge, as these things go, but somewhat Important). I apparently was trying to delay it by procrastinating (which was again, The Wrong Thing To Do) and in sorting out why I did this (which is really unlike me*, generally I come to a decision fairly quickly and act maybe just a bit prematurely) I had the above epiphany about my Bad Run of Luck. Huh. Maybe that's why I was putting it off. Fear of Imminent Disaster. But the decision had to be made and it was, and now I'm stuck with it. Like I said, I have a bad feeling about this.

*Not that procrastinating is out of character for me. I do it alot, always to avoid things I don't want to do. But I had never done it in this venue before. I had always been fairly decisive. And, And, And, I honestly thought this was something I wanted to do. Until I caught myself procrastinating today!

Oh, well. On to Knitting! Yeah! I got my order from Ram Wools! I got some Kroy sock yarn in sadly discontinued colors, but the ones I got are a perfect match for the Lion Brand Magic Stripes yarn in Bright Spring colorway. I got a green and a pink yarn which match the green and pink in the yarn. I'm planning on making a couple of girl colored Devan sweaters. (After I finish up the Sports Team ones). Someday when I can get pictures out of the camera, I'll post one and show how wonderfully the Kroy matches the Magic Stripes yarn. Really, it's just about perfect. Hmmm, maybe the Karma wave's on an upswing....

Well, 'cause I can't stand not having any pictures, here's a picture of a fortune I stole from somewhere on the web. Ok, it was from Justin. Those of you who know me and my rule for fortunes will understand why I think this is hilarious...

No comments: