Thursday, April 12, 2007

Random Acts of Knitting


Because I know you're dying to see it -- here's the current progress on the Stick a Sock In It socks. It's six rounds of, as you can plainly see in the photo, two completely separate socks being knit on the same needles. I'm getting the hang of it (my progress was a bit slowed by the fact that I had to learn how to purl Continental-style. Up till now I had only knit in this style and only used it for two-handed Fairisle projects. Now I can purl. I do it Eastern uncrossed, if you're keeping score.)

Today's blog title comes from the woman I saw on the trolley who was knitting an absolutely gorgeous shawl. She was doing the edging, which had points. That was about all I could see, other than the fact that it was brown. It got me thinking (because if you've been keeping up, I take public transportation every day) about the knitting we do in public and the effect it has on other people. Who knows who you could inspire? The next Elizabeth Zimmermann or Kaffe Fassett (who has teamed with Regia to create some self patterning sock yarns).

Hey, Sockapalooza 4! Anyone want to sign up?

In non-knitting news, I had to take my dad for an injection today. He's had some health problems lately. Because he's old, but the doctors don't want to say that. They skirt around it and try to be polite, but that's the long and short of it.

1 comment:

Celtic Queen said...

Why didn't you say so? I would've shown you what I've been doing all this time. :)