Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Our Continuing Saga

In which Laurie knits for hours and hours and ends up with this to show for it:

Which is the cast-on (and not completed yet either) for two socks knit at the same time. (And if you follow the link, you'll see that I don't mean on two circs, or however those cheaters do it. I mean two, one inside the other.) I decided to sit myself down and master this "knitting parlor trick" as I've so often referred to it. So Sunday whilst watching several episodes of Star Trek (The Gamesters of Triskelion,Bread and Circuses, A Piece of the Action,Spock's Brain, Tholian Web, A Private Little War,By Any Other Name, and The Omega Glory)and a movie (Happy Feet) I struggled with casting on and knitting the ribbing. Unfortunately, the hardest part is casting on and ribbing. We've had several false starts. But I thing I'm definately getting the hang of it now. I probably would be farther along, but while knitting on the bus on the way home I was jostled and lost a couple of stitches, and couldn't pick them back up. But the good news is when I ripped it all out, my two socks were completely separate!


And in other knitting news, here are the "glamour shots" of the skeins I dyed last week with Heather. First up is "Spritzed Yarn",
then "Crock Pot Yarn" (which looks alot more like "Spritzed Yarn" than I believed.) and finally,
my absolute favorite, the "How Green is Your Valley" yarn.

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh my!! those skeins are gorgeous! The boys keep asking me when we are going to dye again!!