Thursday, November 16, 2006

Attack of the Giant Centipede


I've started working on the neckline of Christmas Cables. I think it needs to be a bit wider (maybe more than a bit, like maybe I need to rip it out and start over again, but we'll see. I'm nothing if not optimistic.) Basic, basic shaping on this. Drop shoulders, trapezoid sleeves. I've been thinking about sleeves. I usually relate the sleeve patterns back to the sweater. I think I'm going reuse the Aran Braid cable and the Coin cable closer to the center of the sleeve. And I was thinking about a smaller version of the Wheat Ear cable. But then I looked at the picture from yesterday and thought "That looks like a giant centipede," and now it's kinda creeping me out.
Anyways, here's a close up of the Coin cable, since it's on the edge it tends to curl up an get lost in the big shots. Right next to it is the Aran Braid. I'm hoping to finish up the front here and get started on the back tomorrow. Hmmm, I might have this sweater done before the end of the month. But that still leaves the sweaters for Dave and I, and we have a bit more acreage to cover with knitting than the stick brothers. I'd also like to make some gloves for my PT Sadist (he definately needs to have warm hands). I'm thinking some Sanquhar patterns in navy and grey (because he does have those amazing blue eyes). That will be my bus knitting when I move on to the Husby sweater (too big for the bus) don't know about the size 000 needles, though.

I forgot to check my Outlook before I left work today and so I don't know if I have an interview tomorrow or not. Rats. That means I have to dress for an interview, so it's a suit for me instead of my jean skirt. And the same again next Friday, because I know I have an interview then.

Also, I've been maybe just a teeny bit anxious lately. This has manifested itself in a sleeping problem (can't fall asleep, can't stay asleep) and also in recurring anxiety dreams. I've graduated from the school anxiety dream (I either can't find my class, or I have to take a final in a class I've never been to, or both -- I have to take a final in a class I've never been to and can't find) to a work anxiety dream. Interestingly enough, when I have this dream, I'm working at the job I left 13 years ago, not my present job; and I'm always returning to the job. I've had this dream several times now, and my work environment is becoming more and more industrial. My old boss always features prominently. Do you remember Miles, Michael's nutcase boss from ThirtySomething? Yeah, he was like that. So, I'm only sleeping about 4-5 hours a night, and that has been fraught with dreams of running around an industrial looking lab (in lab coat and latex gloves) dealing with my psycho ex-boss. Fun. Who knows, maybe tonight it will giant centipedes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am thinking that you must like the sadist more that you admit.... those gloves are a treasure!! The sweater is amazing, but I am really trying not to equate anything lovely and knitted with a centipede... really not ok with centipedes.