Saturday, October 10, 2020

Socks Done

 The Halloween III Socks are done. I will wash and block them tomorrow. 

I'm hoping they'll be dried and ready to mail to their final destination tomorrow.  These are the first of my 13 pairs for those of us keeping track. I spent some quality time with the Big Blue Blanket today, which will count towards sweaters 1 and 2 when it's completed.

Oddly, since I was pretty sure I would be finishing the Halloween socks today I had no next pair ready to go. I spent a bit of time rooting around in a bin in my basement and came up with this:

I picked it primarily because it doesn't need wound. I'll make a pair of socks for Dave. I used this yarn to make socks for the boys back in the day (when they wore hand knit socks). Based on the stash strata I'm still working on vintage yarn circa 2008. 

No comments: