Tuesday, October 20, 2020

How Do You Spell That?

How do you spell a made up word?  My husband made up this word, Grape-ple to describe his favorite beverage (a grape flavored sports drink).  It's grape and purple squished together.  I used to spell it graple, but everyone thought it was just grapple misspelled.  With a - over the a so it's noted as a long a (ā)? So Grāple.  But the guys don't like it.  Maybe Grape-ple is the way to go.  This has come up for discussion because it's been on the grocery list board for a couple of weeks (they've been out) but I have more of a vested interest in it since I had a colorway back in the day named after it:

Which is how I knew that graple just wasn't cutting it.  It's supposed to be the colors of light shining through a grape soda (or sports drink, whatever floats your boat).

Nothing new in my knitting world.  Still knitting the Big Blue Blanket and Dave's socks.  They're not even worth a picture.



No comments: