Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Halfway There

 Today is the last day of my vacation.  We didn't really do much -- there was nowhere to go.  I didn't feel comfortable going to the movies, so we just watched some movies here at home (I Am Not Your Negro and Molly's Game) and some TV (Firefly).  I made a cake, and I knit some:

I'm not quite halfway through the chart.  So far so good a few problems with dropped stitches and a weird knit two together that I have no idea .  It needs blocking.  But at this point I'm pretty sure I will get it done for Christmas.  Now I need to find a knitting while reading pattern for the other house (to knit while I'm in bed).  I think I'm going to take the yarn for DJ's vest.  We'll see.  I DID do some untangling of my tangled skein last night.  It took me about 10 minutes to find the end, but after a bit I'm about halfway done with that.  I finished a book and started another.  Now I'm reading Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier.  I like the first in this series (The Sevenwaters Series), Daughter of the Forest.  It was a retelling of the Seven Swans fairy tale.  I like the retelling of fairy tales as fantasy novels, and this tale was one of my favorites.  The retelling was ok, a strong female protagonist, but that was the original story too.  

No comments: