Friday, October 16, 2020

My Lost Day

 I was moving along at a good clip knitting on the Big Blue Blanket, and then...


Ack!  A knot I'd tied at the yarn change came undone.  I tried to retie and ladder up, but it was too messed up.  So I ripped back and picked up all the stitches.  The only bad thing was that I would have to redo an interminable cabling row.  But whatever, I was ok with that.  Then I was working across the stitches, getting them all lined up.  I looked down at my work and...


Another knot that came undone!  So I ripped back again, and picked up.  But it was right at the cable crossing, and when I picked up, it was just a mess.  After messing around for a bit I gave up and ripped back past the cable crossing and picked up all those stitches AGAIN.  I'm working through the cable row.  I figure it's a whole day of work ripped out.  And yes, I had tried both of those knots and they were solid.  So I need to revisit my knot technique.  Or go back to knitting in my ends.  Whatever.


No comments: