Sunday, October 25, 2020

Race to the Finish

 I was knitting away on the second of Dave's Socks.  I was concerned that maybe I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish the second sock.  What would I do?  I didn't think I had another skein in the stash, but I was contemplating a stash dive nonetheless.  I could have weighed the socks and remaining yarn to be sure, but what's the fun in that?  So I kept knitting away, trying to outrun the yarn. 

Here's the sock at 1:00 PM.  The yarn skein is looking pretty deflated.

Here we are at 4:00 PM (after a slightly depressing movie) and I'm starting the toe decreases.  It's looking promising, but we're not completely out of the woods yet.  

Finally, at 5:30 PM.  Success!  There was plenty of yarn, I needn't have worried.  Finished with a week to spare for washing and gift wrapping for Dave's birthday.  For those of you keeping track this is Sock Pair 2 of 13 (it's like I'm the knitting Borg).  Now that I have that done I'm back to working on the Big Blue Blanket.  All is not completely trouble-free though.  I was planning on starting my How Cold is It? hat as soon as I finished these, but I'm awaiting the delivery of my size 2 dpns from Amazon.  But I got the 16" circ so I will be caking up the yarn and casting on tonight when I get to the other house.  Pictures tomorrow.


No comments: