Friday, October 09, 2020

A Minor Setback

 Last night I was knitting along on Halloween Socks III when I noticed that I had switched to the alternate Hocus Pocus colorway in the wrong spot.  So I ripped back and picked up stitches to start again.  But I was missing one stitch.  Where was it?  Then I remembered I had looked at the ribbing way back and the beginning and it was weird looking.  Kind of loose.  Yeah.  Dropped a stitch waaaay down there.  So I laddered it back up.  Can you tell?  Yeah, a little.  I really didn't want to rip back that far, and it was a stitch at the end of a needle where there was a little more slack between the stitches.  

You can see the slight ridge where the column of stitches is pulling too tightly.  The laddered column ended just after that third black stripe.  I'm fairly certain that this will even out with use and washings. Knitting is a continuous strand, after all.  But this is why even when I can ladder up a dropped stitch, if it's more than a couple of rows I usually don't.  Obviously in this case I've worked past it and I'm decreasing away the gusset stitches.  I hope to be finished tomorrow.

No comments: