Thursday, October 08, 2020

Like an Onion, no a PARFAIT

 Yep, it's got layers.  The stash that is.  I visited with my niece (she's CelticQueen on Ravelry) this evening when I went over to drop off her birthday present.  I got her some fiber I found that was totally her colors I saw in the same shop I got my mawata from. (The Fiber Imp -- I got her the combed top in "The 13th Floor "-- see, I told you 13 was on my mind!)   Anyway my niece and I were discussing my Halloween III Socks and I told her I had been digging around in the stash and found the yarn that I bought in 2008 and she said she had just knit her son a pair of socks from Vesper yarn of the same vintage.  I mentioned I'd knit socks from the Essential Autumn colorway and that was a club colorway from 2008 and she laughed and said she had just pulled that skein as well.  Apparently we were both diving at the same level.


The first sock of the Halloween III socks is done and I'm past the ribbing on the second one.  I'd like to get this pair finished by Saturday at the latest.  (It's my first of 13 pairs for the year!  Woot!)



No comments: