Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend

Saturday we went out to dinner to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. We went to a Japanese steak house at the Waterfront. The food was ok, but very overpriced for what we got (in my opinion). Next year I'm going to try to hold out for a restaurant of my choice.
We did get paper parasols with dessert, though. Several people told me they liked my new hair style. Then we walked around and ended up in Barnes & Noble where my sister-in-law cornered a salesperson and inquired about their knitting group just to ornery, because I told her the group was no longer meeting there.

I spent a fair portion of the weekend knitting Grey Cotton Socks, but am in a bit of a quandry about them. I can not locate the first of this pair, and so don't know how long to knit the top of this sock so it matches. I know I put that sock right here beside my bed with the cone of yarn. Arrrgh! I looked under the bed, on the other side of the bed, behind the bedside table, everywhere. I thought I would find a picture in the blog and could fake it from there, but to no avail. Apparently it was too boring to be blog-worthy. And you know, as soon as make a stab at it and finish the heel the first will show up to prove they don't match. But I want these needles to start some new cotton socks with my new yarn! So. Frustrating.

No comments: