Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is My Butt Still There?

Got my butt chewed out at work today. To be fair, I did screw up. So I had to sit through a meeting with the CS well, this is a family blog so I'll call her a lady (but I'm thinking something else) who ripped me up one side and down the other because I made a mistake. Human error. Oh well. I found out later that she was having a hissy fit because the clients were supposed to come into the office tomorrow morning and she was going to have to explain the issue to them. Too bad! That's her job! And the process is broken! I shouldn't have been able to screw it up by accident no matter what I did. (Seriously, when I was training and they showed me this part I actually said, out loud and incredulously "Are you serious?!" I saw this mistake coming then, but had no control over it. Let's just say that expecting 100% accuracy from someone doing manual data entry on multiple files with no data verification and no way to reverse the process once an error is found combined with an absolute strict deadline = Recipe for disaster.) The process gives me the heebie jeebies and makes me wake up at night in a cold sweat. Funny thing is, my boss told me she completely understands, as did my project lead. And it was interesting seeing who in the meeting (there were about a dozen people there) rose to my defense. Apparently this...lady...is well known, and has made grown women cry in the past. Everyone just puts up with her. Whatever. If she tries to take a bite out of my butt again she may find out she's bitten off more than she can chew.

Anyways, I'm knitting the ribbing on my Noro sock. I'm back to where I was when I had to rip out. Heather thought I was nuts to do it, but I see now that she's in the same predicament. Now if I could just get that...lady...at work to make a mistake! (I know, if I would just use my powers for good!) Done any acts of kindness lately?

No comments: