Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm In Love


I've been working on Moonlight Ice this evening. Pictures truly do not do this justice. It may just be the most beautiful piece of knitting I've ever done. As I've been working on it this evening I can't help but admire it. I think that low lighting really brings out its charms. It's sparkly, but not too sparkly. Not enough to be garish, just...right. Can you tell I'm infatuated? I'm thinking of making some gloves to match. A cuff of the Kid Silk Night (with beads, natch) and then black for the hands. I'm also thinking that I should get my coat cleaned and sew on the buttons. I lost another one last week, which leaves me with only one. I look like a bag lady. But if I'm wearing this beautiful cowl...Well, I have to live up to it.

Younger Son informed me that I've fallen behind on my sock knitting. I busted him this morning wearing the same pair of hand knit socks two days in a row and he pointed out that that wouldn't happen if he had more handknit socks to wear. I'd better crank up the needles. And I did order more sock yarn this past weekend too...

No comments: