Tuesday, June 27, 2006

This Is Why You Swatch


Above is the state of my current Swatch Scarf. I have to say that I am disappointed in the lightest pink color. I tried it twice, and both times it failed. First in the brown/red section. Two problems there, too much contrast between my browns, but the light pink just disappears into the beige. So then I tried it again with the cream in the last section and it disappears again. It looked like enough contrast in the ball. Again, why you should swatch! I'll probably try it one more time with black. I am happy with the orange/yellow section. This sequence would look good flanked by a smaller blue band in a sweater, I think. I'm not 100% happy with the grey/blue section. I like the Greek key section at either end, but think the center part would look better if the background went from medium grey to light grey to white.

I like the Palette yarn, but I'm finding there's too much contrast between the mid and light tones in some of the colors. I could wish for four (or five!) steps instead of three. Also for some heathered color mixes. But it's nice you can get all the colors at once. I see the value especially when swatching like this. Wish I could do that for J&S and Jamieson's. I can see that amassing such a collection may be in my future.

I am feeling better, the antibiotic is working. I'm going to try sleeping in my bed tonight and see if I'm able to sleep laying down (I've been sleeping propped up on the couch because of the coughing.) Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be sending out good thoughts for you to have a restful night.
I am enjoying your entries about Palette. I have been considering purchasing it to do mittens for gifts this winter.

Unknown said...

That is absolutely beautiful!