Tuesday, June 13, 2006

And the Winner Is...


Yes! The Fairisle Sampler Scarf. Details: 84 sts (a multiple of 7, 14, 6, & 12) on size US3 16" circular needle. Yarn is KnitPicks Palette. Patterns are being chosen at random from the book Traditional Fair Isle Knitting by Sheila McGregor (so far) and may include some from Fabulous Fairisle by John Allen. And maybe some from some other sources if I see any. My goal is to mix colors in both conventional and unconventional ways while knitting a great variety of Fairisle patterns. I have 5' to 6' of knitting to do it in, too! I also plan to make a "matching" (i.e. multi colored) tam and mittens.

In other news, I'm planning my summer vacation. I will be gone the week of August 5th through the 12th. I'm going to Florida to visit my sister. Younger Son will be going as well.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Whooo-hoo! I adore you... for many reasons, but right now for getting me off my duff and into fair isle... I cannot wait for Friday Knitting!!