Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Day

It started off as usual, shower, dress, get ready for work. I got to knit on the bus (still making those socks for Younger Son). Work was more or less the usual -- my computer was acting up so I had to use the "spare" one. (It's not really "spare" -- it's the one hooked up to the scanner where we image all our documents, and I share it with a co-worker. But not today!)

Excitement!! I went to the Yarn Store at lunch, but I got SP stuff so I can't show it. Home, more bus knitting.

Walked in the front door of my house, picked up Younger Son, walked out the back door and went to Wal-Mart (sorry Heather) because I had to get some Niacin for my dad, and I looked for some snaps for my baby thingie I knitted over the weekend. Years ago I bought some tape that had the snaps all sewed in already; that was what I wanted. But they didn't have any. Maybe if I had gone to a real fabric store I could have got me some, but I was pressed for time and I had a Wal-Mart gift card so I had to get what I could get. Which was some velcro stuff. Not as good, the yarn is just a bit fuzzy and I think it will get all fuzzed up. But what the heck, this is for a newborn for crying out loud, he's not going to fit in it long enough for the velcro to get fuzzed up. I also got some fabric glue stuff because even though the velcro stuff says its self-sticking I want to make sure it's not going anywhere.

Then to my dad's and I had to fill out a million pieces of paper for him to go to Physical Therapy tomorrow. We were at the doctor's yesterday, and the doctor looked at his shoulder that he fell on last weekend and announced that he has a torn rotator cuff (you know, like the baseball pitchers). So he has to go to physical therapy again. Last year it was for a torn hamstring. I'm seeing an eerie correlation between sports injuries and geriatric injuries. But we're happy to go to the PT, Pap did great with it last year. It's just the million pieces of paper to get started. And Dave's taking off to take Pap to the appointment, so I had to get everything ready, all paperclipped together and placed prominently on the console in my car. (I just hope Dave remembers to take my car tomorrow. Not just for the papers, but because Pap won't fit in his car.)

Then YS and I stopped and got some dinner at the McD's up the road (it was about 8:00 by then) and came home to eat. (BTW, I love the new Asian salad.) I passed Dave on our street as I was pulling up. We rolled down our windows and said "Hello". He's going to Geek Night with his friend and cohort Mark Stroup. So I ate dinner, herded boys into the shower, read some blogs, and here I am.

So how was your day? I'm ready for bed.


LisaBe said...

what a tiny world! i met mark stroup (though i only recognize his picture, not his name) last night at geek night. i was handing out t-shirts and generally playing hostess for google, as smartboy works for them. i wonder if i met dave as well! you shoulda come. it was a good time.

Nit One Perl Two said...

I am so happy I found your site. It appears we have more in common than knitting! I'll let you know when I complete the "world renound" triple lindee patern. It will be soon!