Monday, April 24, 2006

Finished!


I finished the Christening Shawl late Saturday night. There it is in all its glory. Sorry that I couldn't show the whole thing, I had nowhere to lay it all out, and it was a dark and rainy night so I couldn't go outside.

Just because I like it so much, though, here's a close-up of the edging. And here's the baby and her mother.
Now for an AWWWWWW moment; when I met them at the church, the baby's mother was carrying her in and there she was in her carseat tucked under the baby blanket I'd made for her mother over 19 years ago. Her mother still sleeps with it (when she can get it away from the baby.) AWWWWWW.

I've lost the Red Head sweater, though. I thought it was in the pile of stuff to the left of the bed (my side), but it is not. Not under the bed either. I must have put it somewhere in a misconceived fit of housekeeping. I'll have to mount a search. But to show I have not been slacking, I present this:
The current state of the Birthday Socks (I'm turning the heel).
And this:
My current spinning. I've got 300 yards of singles yarn, and I think I'll get just under 100 yards more. What, oh what can I possibly knit with ~400 yards of sport to dk weight yarn?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, those are very nice guy socks! I hope you find his sweater. Look under the sofa, the boys are always hiding stuff for me under mine.

Holly said...

Wow that shawl is gorgeous. What a wonderful meaningful gift!

Yvonne said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I echo Holly's comments on it being wonderful and meaningful. :) I have a sweater that my grandmother's friend knit for me when I was born...it is the softest thing. It was a pale green, so I used to put it on the boys when they were babies...hopefully they'll be able to do the same to their babies some day. :)

BTW Love the spinning. I do not have my spinning under control.