Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Another Finish!

Here's today's knitting progress.
I finished the Halloween II socks and gave them to Younger Son. He was excited to get them (he hugged them to his cheek. Really!) and said he will save them to wear to church on Sunday. I've started on the Birthday Socks. (Traffic was bad, so I got in extra knitting time on the bus today.) I'm still attaching the edging to my shawl, and a bit of doubt is starting to creep in about getting this done for the weekend. I took it to work today and worked on it at lunch, and will do the same tomorrow. We'll see.

Otherwise, Older Son is a National Merit Scholarship quarter finalist! According to the letter he scored among the top 50,000 students out of the 1.4 million who took the PSAT/NMSQT. CPRS will recommend him to two colleges. I'm hoping this will translate into some $$.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Crossing my fingers for older son!

Heather said...

How proud you must be to have such a bright (if dull color prefering) Son! YS will figure his way, too. Any kid that hugs knitwear is pretty brilliant!