Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Daffy Down Dilly

Well, the daffodils bloomed.

I took this picture this morning, before going to work. Look at the poor things, all huddled there in the snow. They perked up a little bit by this afternoon, but I don't think they're going to recover. :
I'm beginning to think we might not see any blooms for another five years.

Here's the current state of the sleeve:

A bit blurry, for which I apologize. But I'm too tired to take another picture. And the yarn seems to be holding up well too:
I think I'm gonna make it.

I purchased my winning Lottery tickets, with my Lucky Money from the basketball pool. I even put the tickets in the envelope with the rest of the money so as to spread the luck around.

Older Son has asked for money to buy some candy for a girl at school. (And he's going to see her perform in the school play.) I made a comment on his asking for money and spending it on a girl, and so he said "Dad, Mom says spending money on girls is a waste!" To which his father replied "Yeah, I've always found it to be so." I immediately jumped in and said "I don't think you've made enough of an effort there!"

No comments: