Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Isle of Aran Even More

Here's the sweater pic:

I've finished the back and have started in on sleeve #1. Lots of nail-biting knitting suspense, Chez Moi. Will the two skeins of yarn I have be enough? (I know it will be if I get the back and one sleeve from one skein. I could live life on the edge and just go ahead and knit the front and back and let the sleeves be a crap shoot, but I don't know if my heart could take it.) Will I get it done in time for the party on the 15th? Will it still be cold enough here on the 15th for the Celting to where it (probably)? Stay tuned...

Thanks for all the kind words on the sweater! Yes, Lisa I will be putting up a pattern when it's all said and done on my website, I'll keep you posted. But seeing as how I'm still working out a few minor details (like how long/wide to make the sleeves -- did I mention I'm knitting them right now?) I'll need some time. (The sleeves? I'm dragging around an old size 10/12 sweater of Younger Son's for sizing against. I could just measure the thing, but where's the fun in that? I'm such a dork.)

Guess who won the office basketball pool? Me! Can you believe it? And not only did I just guess while filling out the form, I didn't even watch any of the games! I'm telling you, my luck is IN Baby! Powerball, here I come!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I'm nowhere near ready to tackle anything like this yet, so I can live vicariously through you! :)

Heather said...

Can I hope that it isn't cold enough for him to wear it on the 15th? Can I hope that you win the powerball, too? Remember your friends... even the new ones. *wink*