Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

And with yarn too! Sorry for the long time no post. I lost my computer. It was borrowed from Dave and he needed it back for work. So he bought me a new one. I now have my very own brand spanking new laptop. It's very nice. I'm happy.

So where did we leave off? Oh yes, the birthday socks. Well, I was at Heather's knitting and showing off the birthday socks when I noticed:
A dropped stitch. Waaaaay back there. "No problem," I said, "I'll just chain that sucker up and it'll be as good as new." Yeah right. I dug out my little crochet hook the next day and did indeed chain it up. The problem though was that it left a definate ridge in the knitting. If it had been on the top of the foot I would have been tempted to leave it in the hopes that a few months of wear and washing would distribute the yarn around the foot and everything would even out. But it was on the bottom of the foot where walking on it could be uncomfortable. I didn't want the socks not to be worn because of it. So I sucked it up and ripped.
I'm happy to say it didn't take me too long to recover.

And the Read Head sweater. Well, I left the yarn behind that same fateful night at Heather's. (And what's up with that? That's the second time I've left some of this yarn behind. Is it some kind of omen?) Heather held it hostage for an undetermined item from MDS&W and some spindling lessons. What could I do? I ponied up and got the yarn back. The big day is next week, after all. I need to get busy!

And MDS&W!! I spent way too much money! Lots of loot to show. Right now, Blogger won't let me put up any pictures, so I promise to show and tell all tomorrow!

No comments: