Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Release the Kraken!

I called Celtic Queen this evening to try to get a yarn fix (no go) and in the course of our discussion I mentioned that Ryan, the Handknit Lover had been voted to appear on As the World Turns. I chalked it up to the power of knitters. (The knitting angle was what got me to vote.) And then she mentioned that one of the political candidates should go for the Knitter vote, and I told her Zeeppo had just posted about that. (Apparently we're all on the same wavelength, too.) We think that Knitters are an undervalued voter block and the smart candidate would do well to woo them. (Seriously. Someone should point a political strategist to the whole "Represent" tour. We are Force to be Reckoned With!) But what would the Knitter's Candidate offer? Maybe a revision of the livestock zoning laws so I could get a couple of those cute little babydoll sheep. Fiber arts instruction in public schools. Tax breaks for stashing. Naming a Fiber Laureate. Tax deductions for your finished projects at the end of the year. Hmmm.

I re-started MS3 last night and have knit just over 20 rows. I'm happy with it. The silver lining here is that since I started over I can use my favorite double decrease instead of the one called for, which looks a bit better IMHO. (Slip 2 tog as if to knit, knit 1, pass 2 slipped sts over.) And, the counter curse seems to be working, because when I talked to CQ she was lamenting that she was at soccer practice and had forgotten her beads so couldn't work on hers. Ha, ha! (Oh, and go check out Heather's. Absolutely gorgeous!)

Finally, inspired by Alton Brown Younger Son has made some ice cream. Not just any ice cream, he informs me, but Premium ice cream. It's yummy. (And I consider myself lucky and take it as a sign that he loves me that he was willing to share with me.)

No comments: