Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Where Are They??

I'm still trying to hold on to the fibery feelings from the weekend. But it's tough. I worked ten hours yesterday, and what with the public transportationing to my dad's and all, I didn't get home until 9:45. I was a little tired. And everywhere I went I was surrounded by people with mucous issues. Snork, hawk, spit, over and over and over. Ewww. Tonight it worked better -- I figure it's only about 20 minutes longer doing it this way, and I'm being productive by knitting. I'm now past the gusset in the Socks in Socks. I'm trying to sort out my decreases. I think I might have the pattern perfected on the next pair. Part of the problem, of course, is that you can't see the socks, not really. Just the inside of them. And too, there's very little room to work between the two socks. A dropped stitch is a nightmare to pick up.
Anyways. Here are my Cotton Socks. I try to knit a round on them every day (in the morning while I watch the news). It's about all I have time for.

But back to trying to hold on to the fibery goodness. What sticks with me are the people, and how great it was to be surrounded by so many other people who get it. I really believed the woman who said she made enough money from her spinning wheel to pay her utilities, and I really want to believe Carol Leigh, that I would recoup the price of my tri-loom if I sold 2 shawls. (But really, the thing cost almost $300.) Where the heck are these people who are willing to pay over $150 for a shawl? Or even to buy my handspun? I really need to find them, because I want that fiberful kind of existence.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Well, "etsy, here you come!!"
Looks like you guys had some fun. Can't wait to get together and admire your loot!