Thursday, May 03, 2007

Saved by the Library


I forgot my knitting today. No knitting on my extra-long commute. I was saved in the morning by sitting and chatting with my friend Janice. I was sorely tempted to go to the yarn store at lunch and get some yarn and needles for my extra-long commute home. But then a flash of brilliance struck and I went to the library and checked out the book I'm reading at home (and my luck was in -- they had a copy). So I read and my stash resolution is saved.
But no knitting today. My socks in Socks are at the heel flap.
Look! you can see right through. And because I have to push for more (we can make it better, stronger, faster) I am working this heel in my usual slip stitch pattern (I just did straight stockinette on the first one.)

Otherwise, I'm struggling to get the excitement up for MDS&W. I promised CQ I'd go, so I'm going. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just skip this weekend. Too much to do -- the lawn is about as high as an elephant's eye and no one else here feels compelled to do anything about it. And I have to find stuff. Stuff I was told was one place but that I find now when I need it that it is not. And OF COURSE no one knows where it really is. So that means a major search, and since I'm really the only one impacted here....Well. This could take months.

1 comment:

Heather said...

well, I hope you do have a good weekend. I am anxious to hear about it. and i am getting more and more curious about your sock in sock technique...