Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Once in a Blue Moon

I will have once again finished two socks this week. This time they will both make a pair.
First up, the second Jaywalker. I'm very pleased with the pair, they fit great (I made the larger size) and the color really is awesome. It looks so much better knitted up than it did in the skein. Warm wool socks! Just in time for the 90 degree weather!
Next up my first pair of cotton socks. They match my laptop so well, don't they? I only have 8 more (increasingly smaller) rounds to finish these up, so they should get done tomorrow. Two pairs of socks in a week. How often does that happen?

In other stuff, I'm beginning planning and preparation for a graduation party for Older Son. I should have done some work towards it tonight, but exhaustion and pain got the better of me and I got sucked into watching too many episodes of Stargate SG-1 with the guys. (Season 3 was OS's birthday gift.) Family bonding and getting to sit on my butt or lots of hard work and sweating. Hmmmm, how's that one going to fall out?? But I really have to focus on getting the work done.

And finally, from my last post, Holly -- Kathy Sierra is/was a tech blogger who was subjected to death threats and threats of sexual violence both in the comments of her own blog and in other blogs. This included graphic (photoshopped) photos of her and posting her personal information (name, address, social security number). CNN and the New York Times picked up the story last month. She has closed down her blog and cancelled public speaking engagements because of safety concerns. The owners of the blogs in question claim they don't know who made the posts, but it was someone with author rights (which they had to have granted). Everyone involved seems to be saying that this kind of behavior is unacceptable and we can't just brush it off because it's "only on-line".

No comments: