Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spritzy Yarn Seeks Perfect Soul Mate


I am knitting the toe decreases on the latest and greatest Socks in Socks. There should be no problem in getting these done for the big day on Friday. We will have a small celebration on the day, and our main family celebration on Saturday when we will go see Spiderman III (Older Son's choice) and have lunch. It has become a family tradition to celebrate birthdays by going to see a movie first thing on the Saturday closest to the birthday and then lunch at the birthday celebre's choice of eating establishment. I think it will be Pizza Hut. Can you believe I'm the mother of an 18 year old? I told a friend it doesn't seem like it's been 18 years, but it does feel like I've had 18 years sucked out of me... I will be happy to be done with these socks, though. Because of the small needle size (0s) the knitting is tight, and I'm feeling it in my hands. And quite frankly I'm tired of the murky man colors. Good thing I can look up and see this
waiting for a project to do it justice. This is my spritzer yarn, and the more I look at it the more I like it. Here's another shot. (Blurry, but you can see the color blending)
I have two skeins and am in search of the perfect project for them.

No comments: