Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm a Bit Needled


Older Son's Fuzzy Feet are knitted and are waiting to be felted. I will try to do that tomorrow night, so they'll be ready just in time for our frigid sub-zero temps over the weekend. He'll be thrilled (or not). In celebration I have cast on some mittens. I spent 20 minutes this morning searching for a set of size 4 dpns. I found 3 of the necessary 4. About 15 minutes into the search it became apparent to me that the current method of needle storage:

just wasn't doing it for me. So that is my goal at the upcoming Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival. Find an appropriate needle storage system. I was a little concerned, because I wanted to support the festival by making purchases, but I couldn't buy yarn (Knit From Your Stash 2007). So now I have something to buy (along with some gifts). Oh yes, I finally settled for a (mismatched) set of size 3s for the mittens.

Maybe he doesn't want to toot his own horn (clack his own needles?) but our own Zeeppo is featured in a recent press release. Also mentioned are The Judy and appearances at The Galleria (last week) and the upcoming Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival. Check it out!

1 comment:

Holly said...

re: entrelac - knitting back backwards. Are you forgetting who you're talking to?? :-) I have enough trouble knitting forward!