Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cabling Without a Cable Needle -- Back Cross Part II

Ok, I will sum up. We've slipped the right needle into the front of our stitches, slipped the first bunch off and the second bunch to the right needle, then picked the first bunch back up with the left needle and you slipped the stitches on the right needle back to the left needle. All the stitches are on the left hand needle. Your cable cross has been made, you just need to work the stitches.

You can see the cable cross has been done. Knit (or purl) Second N stitches, our example is 3. Then knit (or purl) N (3) stitches.

Here is the completed cable.

Hopefully you've learned something from this. Coming soon (as soon as I can get someone to take the pictures) is Front Cross (but maybe you can figure it out yourself). And don't my hands look great? I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe the rest of me looks much better than I think too.

No comments: