Friday, October 14, 2005

The Pink Scarf

The Pink Scarf

by Laurie Graham


This Pink Scarf is your own personal Pink Ribbon.

Wear it with pride as a symbol of survival. Use it to make the statement to the world that “I AM a survivor!” or just to remind yourself that you are.

It links you to all those who have gone before you. Draw on their strength, be inspired by their courage.


It is also a bond between your heart and mine. It is a constant “hug” from me to you, so put it on when you need comfort, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Have you seen our Pink Fountain? In honor of the month and in the cause of promoting Breast Cancer awareness I present the selection above. I wrote it, and made the scarf for a friend who is dealing with the disease. Anyone may use it, just give me credit. (Photo by Kurt Weber)

No comments: