Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Not Really Random

Not much new here. I can't even write much about the weather because I don't think I made it outside at all today. What does that say about how busy things are? I think it was overcast and a little cool. I haven't heard from Dave in what seems like a long time. I'm hoping he gets his internet fixed up and can send us some pictures. Younger Son especially misses him, he was disappointed that he didn't get to talk to him Sunday night (but he had lots of fun at the party.) Picture days are tomorrow and Thursday. I can't find the barber (He moved. The boys have been to the new shop, but they don't know where it is.) so the boys are going to look seriously ungroomed. Someone alert CYS.

Knitting Content
I was looking over the blog yesterday and realized that I never explained my "not really random" stripe sequence. I'm displaying the "Poncho Printemps" as my example. I choose my colors, and lay them out in the sequence I like. Then I choose a stripe sequence of various widths that is one more or one less than the number of colors I have. For example, in the ponchos below I used 7 colors (pink1, lavender, white1, pink2, rose, white2, purple) and I chose a 6 stripe pattern. I think it was 4, 9, 2, 3, 1, 5. So every time you cycle through a stripe sequence a different color ends up at that width, but the color sequence stays the same. I kinda like it, and it's simple.

No comments: