Monday, October 03, 2005

Here We Go...

I've finished the first of the Sports Team sweaters (the smaller one) and am about to cast on for the larger. I hope I can get it done in time. (This Friday) I'm beginning to have doubts... Anyway, without further ado I present the sweater to you:

Front

and


Back

I'm really pleased at how well the striping matched up -- I had my doubts, but if I can do it, anyone can! The words on the back were knit with some of the "extra" yarn I had to discard in order to match up. I thought it was a good use for it, and it saved me from the tedium of all that plain black stockinette. I'm not completely done, I still have to get buttons. I'm hoping for some little football shaped ones.

Older Son read Yarn Harlot today and was thoroughly amused by it. He's asked me several times "Are those metal needles?" And he told me about Joe buying a mop. I, of course did not lose the opportunity to enlighten him (I'm such a great mother). "OS," I said, "Here is a Great Truth in life. There is not much that a woman finds sexier in a man than that he's using a mop."
"What about a carpet cleaner?" he asked.
"No," I replied, "a mop is definately sexier. A vacuum cleaner is sexier than a carpet cleaner, and a mop sexier even than that."
He wandered off then, muttering to himself about various cleaning utensils. He's obviously digesting this information.

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

I love the sweater!!! Maybe that will cause the Steelers to win???

Holly said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your sweater!
I hope my kids don't see it because they'd be bugging me to make them something similar!