Monday, October 10, 2005

Its a Party

Younger Son was invited to a birthday party last night, and I have to be honest and say I was not looking forward to going. It was at a local Laser Tag place. I hate going to these things, the other moms are always really cliquey and never talk to me, and so I end up sitting by myself feeling very awkward and conspicuous. It's like a high school replay, no thanks! But, YS wanted to go and so I decided I'd suck it up and act like a grown up. And as is usually the case when I truly don't want to go somewhere I had a great time (and so did YS). The parents were really nice, and even talked to me! YS wants to go back. Hmmm, maybe I'll see if there's something available for his birthday next month. So here are some pics: YS and the birthday boy (they got to play video games, too.) YS was on the winning Laser Tag team in both games, even though he wasn't all that great of a shot. I watched. Both games were very close, with a team pulling out a win at the last minute.

Here's YS, the Birthday boy and the other party-goer -- and guess what? She's the big sister of the Sports Team baby! Small world, huh? Which leads to...

Knitting News

I'm still working on Sports Team II, I'm doing the first sleeve. And don't worry, there'll be something for the Big Sister here, too. Sara was ahead of me and actually had hers done on Friday. She had a layette for the baby, a hat for his lil sis (she's 2) and some fingerless mitts for the Sissy (above). Sissy told me how much she liked the mitts (they were made from Touch Me and were super soft.)

1 comment:

luvs2knit said...

Laurie, I can sympathize with you regarding moms as I am going through the same thing at Caroline's preschool. These are the same moms I'll be dealing with since they're in our school district. Lucky (or unlucky) me.

Looks like your son had a great time!!!