Friday, March 02, 2007

Affirmations

First off, let's see how this upgrade works. I was finally forced into it -- I jsut didn't have the energy to make end runs around Blogger anymore. So far so good, but the test is really in the pictures, isn't it? I'll make a positive affirmation and say "Everything's going to be fine!" This worked for me Wednesday night when I said to Heather "I just keep saying I'm going to wake up tomorrow and my knees will feel great." And I did, and they did. I was so amazed I've spent all week saying "I'm going to win the lottery this weekend." (If that one doesn't pan out, I may come back and say it in your living room, Heather. Maybe it's the place that has the power.)

Here's the current state of the LL Sweater. I've started this thing 5 times now. I had worked about 3-4 rounds of the border when I looked closely at it on the bus this morning. Guess what? Twisted. This is only the second time in my knitting career this has happened to me. To say I'm very careful not to twist is a bit of an understatement. So I cast on again, knit a few stitches past the join, and put it in my bag. Pulled it out at lunch time and 20 or so stitches pulled right off the needle. Yep, ripped out and started AGAIN. I'm hoping I'm going to be ok from here on in, because I don't know how many more times I can reknit this yarn. Just for you, Heather a close up of the seed stitch border.
ETA: Well, how about that, the upgrade worked first time. I'm amazed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You know I love me some seed stitch!! And don't you just have the blogger-love?! I may hazard to guess that you are just more interesting than some...