Thursday, November 10, 2005

I Can't Go Back There Again

Well, I can't ever go back to the Starbucks across the street from work again. I got my drink today (a venti Peppermint Mocha) and then proceeded to knock it over and spill it all over the prep station. At least it wasn't on me. The nice barista, although visibly annoyed, made me another drink and started cleaning up. I tipped her for her trouble, but still. I'll have to walk two blocks around the corner to the other Starbucks in the Barnes & Noble from now on. Well, at least I get a discount there. I shouldn't be allowed out alone in public.

I also didn't get the Cranberry Bliss bar I ordered, but (wisely, I think) decided not to make an issue of it. And I restrained myself and did not purchase the Christmas cd displayed on the counter. It took alot of willpower, though. I'm hoping to wheedle my sister into buying it for me while I'm visiting for Thanksgiving. She may not, though, since she has little patience for collections and thinks that the 60+ Christmas cds I already own are sufficient. (Never!) I also have not yet purchased the Kohl's Christmas cd -- I have the past 2 years' cds and they're both favorites. Again, I'm hoping to get it as a gift (BIG HINT THERE). I think I've shown considerable restraint. I deserve a reward!

No New Knitting News! I'm working on sock 2 of the Halloween/Younger Son's Birthday socks. It looks just like the first one.

Everyone please think good thoughts for me tomorrow afternoon. I have something like 20 parent-teacher conferences to go to. An hour and a half of smiling politely while "professionals" tell me how bad my children are. I hope I can hold up.

No comments: