Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Vanilla


Since I haven't posted an update pic lately, here's where I am with my Noro sock. I'm hoving in on the toe, slowly but surely. I get about 5 or 6 rounds a day while riding the shuttle to and from work, and the occasional needle when I'm waiting for a script to finish running at work. Still really liking the yarn and the socks. I've come to the conclusion that I really prefer knitting these plain vanilla socks. I should start a group "Plain Sock Knitters". Otherwise, I'm still obsessed with the Ravelry. I've spotted Heather and DarkaKnits in the Faves, so I've managed to convince myself I'm on the fringe of popularity. I think that different people find different things from this site. Currently I'm like the Fairy Godmother of the Favorites. For the past several days I've been clicking through all the FOs and when I see something I like, if it's not already a favorite, I'll favorite it. I'm endlessly intrigued as to why one version of a pattern gets 27 favorites, and another only 1. There's some great knitting/crocheting out there, and no one's looking at it! And, I've found some great patterns this way! But the flip side of that coin is, Geez, everybody's making the same things! The Koolhaus Hat, the Hemlock Blanket, Fetching; you know the drill. Makes me want to knit just my own designs. And, of course, plain vanilla socks. Oh, and by a freak coincidence, my sister is in Charlotte tonight where Yarn Harlot is. But she wouldn't go and get me a book signed.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I know what you mean about plain socks. I don't think there's anything better for take-along knitting, especially if you've got some pretty colored sock yarn like yours!

Come visit me on Ravelry anytime, ha ha! I'm Dutchorchid!