Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello Goodbye

I've been incredibly busy at work. The long and the short of it is that the project I told my boss I would need at least two weeks to set up and 2 weeks to test was handed to me late Monday with a deadline of next Monday. Of course, when we had our original conversation over a month ago I was assured by her that No, I was not going to get this project... So I worked twelve and a half hours yesterday and 14 hours today. And it looks like it's going to be 12 to 14 hour days through next Wednesday, at least. [sigh] So when I went out to move my car (we have free parking, but it's off-site and the lot closes at 7:00, but I can put my car in the on-site lot after 5:00) and grab some dinner a block down the road I ducked into Natural Stitches for a bit of a breather.
Still feeling self-indulgent, I bought myself some superwash roving to make some socks. I probably shouldn't have, because I'll be going to Maryland next week, but I needed a little pick-me-up. Which got me to thinking, exactly how long would it take me to spin/knit up all my stash....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck with your project! Hope you're able to get it all done in time!

Celtic Queen said...

Use up all your stash? Blasphemy!!! And I don't think it can be physically done without stopping the additions. Even then, cutting it close. :)