Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Gauntlet is Thrown


Did you hear it? Back a couple of days ago? Celtic Queen threw down the challenge that I couldn't spin/knit up all my stash in my lifetime. I think I can. I usually don't like to post pictures of my environs, but just so you can see what we're dealing with here, this is one of my smaller stash repositories. (The smallest is in the attic and is really just a clothes basket Dave filled with the overflow from this repository and carted to the attic). This one is what I keep on hand in the bedroom. Most of this is recent purchases. Both the containers are stuffed. There are I think six more containers in the basement and eight more out in the garage. I think I'm going to have to get seriously to work on proving her wrong. Just after I get back from Maryland. (That usually makes most of a container itself every year.)

In our regular State of the Knitter update, my back is much better, I was able to go a whole week without having to take any pain medication. I am however, suffering from a horrible chest cold, as are both the sons, but neither as bad as me. I think I was also maybe a little bit delirious the other day too because I was looking at the light fixture in my bedroom and decided it looked like a mean face. I remember thinking it, and I was so struck by it that I took this picture of it to share on the blog. But for the life of me, I don't see it now.

What do you think? Can you see the mean face? Maybe I'll make this my new avatar on Ravelry.

3 comments:

Heather said...

hmm, I think it is far too pretty to scowl at you... funny how our discomfort colors everything we see. It would be a very interesting avatar, you may be on to something.
That stash... wow. That is a pretty big gauntlet.

Rachel said...

Hmmm, you do have a stash. Would it count as stash-busting if you gave some yarn to me and I knitted something, lol?!

Good luck with your ambitions! It's always good to have goals!

Celtic Queen said...

So do I get whatever you can't knit/spin? And what's that there below the brown bag and above the cardboard box? Isn't that the very Trekking 101 I bought you when you were having a bad day? Hmmmmm....... :)