Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Pirate Tale

I have no knitting pictures to entertain you with today (still knitting my Secret Blue Project) so I will regale you with an amusing Pirate Tale. Heather made me think of it with her picture of Johnny Depp (the hottie). And since Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest opens tomorrow, well, I thought it was timely. Now, hard as this may be to believe, I'm not really all that into alot of popular culture. I almost never go to the movies, and I only rarely watch TV. So, the only movie I had ever seen Orlando Bloom in was Lord of the Rings (because yeah, I'm a geek). So when the first Pirates movie came out on video, Celtic Queen was telling Dave and I about it. She mentioned something about Orlando Bloom and what a hottie he was with his dark curly hair. Now, I hadn't seen the movie (still haven't) but I looked at her blankly.
Me: Orlando Bloom is in the movie?
CQ: Yeah, didn't you see him in the preview? You know (goes on to describe scene).
Me: That was Orlando Bloom?? He has dark curly hair?
Not straight blond hair? Really? Are you sure?

At which point both CQ and Dave look at me like I'm a complete idiot, and CQ says: "Laurie, that was just for the movie." And Dave adds "Those weren't his real ears, either."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well I also pointed out he didn't braid his hair all the time either. :) I hope they get it right for his animatronic self for Pirates of the Caravan... er Caribbean.

Heather said...

You know, I don't think I realized that that was Orlando in Lord of the Rings, they kept talking about him being in that movie and I could not place him. Too funny.