Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend in the Country

Doesn't that sound posh and sophisticated? In reality Dave and I were the "poor cousins" at a family wedding. But we did have a very good time. I didn't really get any good pictures on my camera of the bride and groom (Dave got some with his big camera, but he doesn't share them with me in a timely manner. I tell him the blog waits for no man, but he doesn't seem to understand.) Speaking of Dave and his camera, he made a new friend of the photographer at the wedding. Here they are discussing camera stuff.
His name is R. Alan Adams and he was very gracious to Dave.
Here's another picture from the wedding - my mother in law and her two sisters.

Yesterday morning I was up before everyone else and went outside to a heavy frost. And another peculiar thing, I guess because of the freeze, the leaves were just falling off the trees in a shower.

I'd never seen anything like it. I took some video of it, but haven't figured out how to upload it. If I can, I'll add it on. There were some beautiful trees, though. We stayed at the Coal Miners Cafe (we stayed in the Apple Patch room), and the wedding was right down the road at Green Gables Restaurant (which looks much less impressive on the outside than it really is).

No comments: