Thursday, October 09, 2008

Languishing

So many of my projects are languishing. My Mod Pods haven't seen the light of day since June.

But apparently this was an Idea Whose Time Had Come -- I've seen several blankets in the works like this, (most of them more attractive). A couple with Noro that are gorgeous (but I can't justify a Noro blanket!) and one with sock leftovers (I faved it on Ravelry) that is To.Die.For. I'm wondering if I can get Heather to go out on the town again with the Mister. I can't be responsible for what might happen to all her sock oddballs while I'm babysitting. Do you think she'd be suspicious if they all disappeared? I should try to come up with an explanation. Yarn burglars? Yarn Pirates? Hmmm, that might need some work. Then I'll coerce the Celtings to give up their mother's oddballs. (I think I can bribe them with candy. Or do their homework for them.)

My other project has been languishing in a bag, too. I've got to finish this one up by next Friday. I just have to sew a seam and do a bit of finishing on it. I just need to make time to sit down and do it. It's too fiddley for me to work on it on the go. So what have I been working on?

My Sidelines sweater. I'm almost ready to start the arm hole shaping on the front (the back is done). I love how the cables swoop in and then back out at the waist. I still really like this sweater and think it will be a great year-round staple. Especially in this yarn (Comfort DK).

No comments: