Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Avast!

It's Talk Like A Pirate Day. I can't believe I forgot while I was at work.
To celebrate I've completed the Perpetually Travelling (No More) Socks. There they are in all their endlessly ribbed glory. I will present them to Older Son on his return from class later this evening. This frees me up to start the Jitterbug Socks, as soon as I find some size 2 needles. As you may (or may not) recall, my favorite size 2s are stalled in the Pomatomus Socks I don't have enough yarn to complete. So I either have to rip that sock, or find another pair (I believe I have set of Inox size 2s around here somewhere.)
Or I could work on more baby sweaters. Chalk one up in the "You get what you ask for" column. After stating last week that someone else I knew had to have a baby so I could have a flimsy excuse for continuing to make baby sweaters, Younger Son informed me today that one of his teachers is expecting. I'm sure my other friends are heaving a big sigh of relief that they won't be called upon to step up to the plate. Here is my Pseudo-pod sweater, which is worrying me with its propensity to roll, even though there are 8 rows of seed stitch at the bottom. I believe that a bit of judicious blocking will set things straight.

2 comments:

Heather said...

*whew*

DPUTiger said...

Can you throw a dental floss "lifeline" in the Pomotamus socks to reclaim your needles? Just a thought. I was the only attendee at Knit Night tonight. I tagged new yarn for Michelle instead of actually knitting anything, but it was fun!