Monday, February 13, 2006

Entrelac Entire

My knitting and I spent the weekend watching the Olympics.

It's all entrelac, all the time here. I am fairly confident that I will be able to finish my project, and I think I have accomplished my goal. That being to challenge myself by learning a new technique. (The time crunch thing just wasn't where I'm at.) Which I did. Not only do I feel I have conquered entrelac, I also taught myself to knit back backwards, a handy little skill to have in your knitter's bag of tricks. Neither of these skills were difficult to pick up, I simply needed a project to push me to learn them, which the Knitting Olympics provided.

Celtic Queen and I decided today that had we just been given the chance we would have been phenoms at some of the more obscure Olympic events like biathalon (me) and skeleton/luge (CQ). Glossing over the fact that neither one of us has ever, at any point in our lives, been particularly active in athletics or sports of any kind. What can I say? The Olympic spirit lives on in us all. We also agreed that we have to get the kids out there doing more stuff. (Have you seen the bios on some of these athletes? They all started out when they were like 7 or 8 at the latest!) Those boys have a lot of catching up to do!

No comments: