Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm an Olympiad

Yes, I'm joining the Knitting Olympics. The Celtic Queen is, and she signed me up to. It's "Celtic Queen and aunt" so I'm an also ran. I would correct it but poor Stephanie has more than enough to do just getting everyone entered. I can't decide what to make though. I'm toying with the Knitter's Market Bag -- I've never done entrelac. I think I'll do it in neutrals, black, tan, cream, grey. That's my tentative plan, at any rate. (And it will use up stash yarn too! Yea!)

My first glove is going ok, I'm working on the thumb. I should finish up tomorrow. So what else have I been doing? Well, I made this from yarn and a pattern sent by my PGH Secret Pal, Holly. I still need to do the finishing. It's a little purse, if I were smarter I would have included something for scale. I still need line it and add the handles (Holly thoughtfully sent matching fabric and handles.) I think hers looks much nicer than my attempt, tho.

I've also been working on this, which has me frankly terrified. It's knit with Tess' Designer Yarn I got at MDS&W last year, the main yarn is the Cascade Silk and there's a subtle stripe in there of Microfiber Ribbon. It's the start of a sleeve on a tee knitted sideways. There will be a broader stripe of the ribbon in the center front and a bit of a decorative neckband with the ribbon as well. The yarn is way more expensive than what I normally use, and I'm terrified I'm going to screw it up. If I do, the silk can be saved, but I'm afraid the ribbon will be a write off.

And finally, Dave called tonight. I've been looking forward to seeing him all week -- I don't know why, but I really miss him alot this time. He called to say that they need him in Indiana this weekend. So he won't be coming home tomorrow night after all. But there's knitting group tomorrow and I still have that to look forward to. Yeah!

1 comment:

Holly said...

The purse is cute! Actually, I have never made that pattern. It was designed by my LYS owner. The one I made, I made up in my head. I thought about writing it down and sharing it but truthfully, I didn't know how to write it down! I could do it row for row and stitch for stitch but no one writes patterns like that. I'm sort of "challenged" when it comes to things like this!