Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Yarn Barf

 Big News on the knitted blanket front.  Not only did I get to perform an interminably long cabled row (#9 in the pattern chart) but I got to start a new ball of yarn!  Unfortunately, finding the end resulted in a fair sized yarn barf.

No worries, though -- it's all used up now and I'm slogging along as usual.  Only 13 (I think) more balls of yarn to go until I'm done with this thing.

I did start (for the first time in almost a decade) a pair of socks last night.  I had to order sock needles (size 1) because I had no idea where mine were.  I'm using some Vesper Sock Yarn in the colorway "Star Fighter" from the stash.  I'm not sure whether this was a club yarn or one I bought from Julia.  I was a club member way back when and also bought tons of her yarns.  I'm sure this is one I got to make socks for the boys.  But they don't wear hand knit socks anymore so I think I'll knit these for my BFF Michelle (who has teeny tiny [size5!] feet.)

No comments: