Sunday, August 23, 2020

The Next Big Thing


While I'm slogging away on Cumberland Gap
- Nothing much new to see there, I started a new ball of yarn (12 more to go) and I'm about to cable again - I've been debating about what my next big thing will be. My sit on the couch and knit while watching tv or reading thing. Right now I think it's going to be Shakespeare in Love.  I've had a serious crush on this pattern since it was published and I even have the yarn in my stash to make it.  I'll make it in white, of  course.  It's my favorite color, and that's what I have.  I struggled with letting go of my original intention for the yarn, which was to dye it.  But seriously, I haven't fired up a dye pot in six years, so what're the chances that's going to happen any time soon?  Runner up was Risen.  My niece got me the e-book Texture Is the New Black for my birthday and told me to "make something nice for yourself, you deserve it."  In that mindset I decided to make Risen and use Mad Tosh Tosh Merino Light.  I've never knit with it (I know) and thought it would be the perfect treat for myself.  But I don't know what's up at the website.  There are only a couple of colorways available for TML and they're, well, not me.  The color I'd really like is Couquette-Deux but apparently I can't get that in just plain TML, I'd have to get it in TML+Glitter, or Holo or something else sparkly.  Not that I'm against sparkle per se, but not what I was hoping for for this project.  I wonder if they can't get the base?  Is it discontinued?  It's just weird because they say they'll dye to order but there's no way to order a specific color that I could figure out.  Maybe I have to go further in to the ordering process than I did, I admit it was just a quick drive-by.  
In other knitting news, last night I turned the heel on my Star Fighter sock and I'm working on decreasing away the gusset stiches.

  

No comments: