Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Still Making Mistakes

Late last night I picked up my blanket in the middle of a long, 1x1 rib row and obviously in some confused state started knitting in the wrong direction.  

I turned in the middle of a row.   

At least I had enough wits about me to realize what had happened when I came back to it on the next (interminably long) row.  I tried to get it and I don't know if you can see it here but the loop on the left needle just winds back to the right instead of continuing on to the left.  In my defense, I had to work most of the night last night, I was pretty tired.  Anyway I ripped out the partial row, picked up the almost 250 raveled stitches and continued on.  I debated (and even started) tinking back, but this is just 1x1 rib, nothing complicated, and I was far enough past the cable row that I didn't have to worry about unraveling and having to cope with that.  So rip I did.  Then I picked up, reknitted and then placed my markers back on the next row.  Took about 10 minutes to get sorted.  

Once I was all straightened out I took a little break to knit on my stripey socks.  (Vesper Yarn in a [I'm pretty sure] long discontinued colorway "Star Fighter")


For the record, I try really, really hard not to put aside a project when it's having difficulties, as that way leads to UFOs.


No comments: